Service, Snow , Friendship and Food.

I just returned from Provo, Utah. Many people asked me why I was going to Provo.
I guess because I am not a person that skis or snowboards. As a gift to me this year I asked Ernie to fly me to Women's Conference. I have spend a few times attending this amazing conference and this year was no different. Women gather from all around the world to be refilled with the spirit. About 23thousand woman attended this year. The first day was about 39 degrees as I got out of the car and stat red walking toward the Marriott Center I was finally cold. Since freezing is 32 degrees.
I went back to car for a jacket, however by the first break this wasn't needed. It warmed up to about 70.
I was interviewed on my way to hear John and Kim Bytheway. The topic was keeping the Covenants we have made. Such good stuff. After that talk came another good talk. So much to do and listen too. I meet some really amazing women. That evening I had a wonderful dinner with Charly and Chelcie.
It really fills my soul to attend the conference and see some of my past students at the same time. Heather Kuepper and family joined me at the Red Iguana on Wednesday, if you have never eaten here and find yourself in Salt Lake City it is a must. There is always a line. Yes it is true no matter what the weather, that is because the food is out of this world.
Friday came and out the door I went back to the conference to hear Julie B. Beck speak. no relation. And then I found the best way to hear the speakers and give service, It's called the Learning and service room I think. You go to a room with comfortable seats (not always avavible at the conference) and make something for service. On Friday I stiched up backpacks for title one schools in Utah. While working listening to Mary Ellen Edmonds and others. The night before many women stayed on campus and meet for the "Errands of Angels Project and through out the day did about 55 thousand hours of service.
Over 34 thousand school kits and health kits alone. As a group it is true there is nothing as women we can't do. To see the numbers of things that are made and put together while we are there in just 2 days, brings tears to my eyes even now.
I did run into alot of snow while driving back to Ryan Hunts house, he was so wonderful to allow he to take over a room in his house. Thanks Ryan, Brandy and Morgan.
I tell you snow in April, now living in San Diego, CA snow is not something I see in April almost May. Frannie asked me to look out the window Saturday as it was my plan to go north and visit with her and the kids. She had a bout 5-6 inches of snow. She found great humor in the fact that it was snowing.
Off I went see them, a wonderful meal made by the Chef of Costco. Did I say Frannie is going to school full time raisng 2 teenage boys and working two jobs. I was delighted that the chef Costco could take time out for me.
The kids have grown and have wonderful children of their own. I wanted to surpise the Kaufusi family and so Frannie and I did a little wedding crashing, Fun fun fun.
I wish I could of stayed longer off to the airport I went and got home about 10:00 Saturday night.
Sunday morning I caught the train to LA to see Aunt Honey and meet up with Ernie. He spend the weekend with Aunt Honey and watching Dante perform. We had a wonderful lunch with Dawn Naeata her mother and son, also Elbe and Dante. The weekend was full. However I can trully say that my heart and cup have been refilled with the love and spirit that I was able to gain in this past few days. I only hope everyone has the chance to be filled like this often. What will happen in May? Women spiritually edified at conference | Universe.byu.edu
universe.byu.edu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck Bunch Homestead

Mountian Fun