The 12 Days of Service and Beyond

We decided to give 12 days of service as part of our Christmas this year. So this is what we did I gave out allot of cookies, I mean allot of goodies. I baked for a weekend, Fudge, Toffee, truffles and cookies.
 for a bit of service we hide the neighbors gifts from the kids.  We took goodies to one of our Friends mother in law. Put up a tree for someone. Send a cheesecake to a group of hard workers. Helped teach someone how to work the Koncit.
    Since we are not a singing family we spared many of that. Goodies to the office. Brought a few short story books to a few. read a story about Christmas to a child.  Made special cookies for  my Sunday school class.  Had some pictures ordered and delivered to my Dad. It was easy to come up with ideas.
   Most were done out of the house but a few inside. It didn't cost much and I feel filled with the gift of service. I thought about giving the gift Christ gave when he washed the disciples feet. I wanted to put all white socks on the cleaned feet . However I could not find them. That was sad.  Now I have a year to find all white socks no color at all.  Let me know if you have been near you.
    Mean while all this going on and work. We are buying a house. Ernie and I have been in escrow for months. It looks like the house will close on Friday the 13th. Then the real work begins, painting and packing and moving and unpacking. We never planned to move from the hill. Those of you that know that we had been blessed to live on a hill in the middle of San Diego with a million dollar view. And the rent was dirt cheap.
    Our life in the past few years has seen many changes and one them is moving. We have been on the hill for over 16 years so that is alot to move, clean out and dump.  As we look ahead at this new chapter in our lives we know from prayer that it is what Heavenly Fathers wants for us at this moment in time.  Our new home will not have a view. We will have a large yard and garden area.  It is a 3 bedroom house and only 1 bathroom. However there is a place to put the Razorback Hogs at Christmas and its a nice neighborhood. Close to the trolley and shopping and lots of parking and a patio for parties.  The most important thing a place for my Dad . So our live is moving beyond the hill.  We are still going to take care of Sid. We love him.  Ernie 's honey dew list has grown to never shrink.  I will post pictures they come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck Bunch Homestead

Mountian Fun