Its about May

Okay so May started out with our annual Pampered Chef Show. I do this once a year and the commission goes to the 3 day walk for breast cancer. I figure if Carol will walk the  3 days the least I can do is a show to help earn the money.
     This year we helped raise a fair amount of money, my dear friend Olga did a show in Northern CA and I in Southern CA. together we had a $1100. show that gave 250.00 to the 3 day.
   That was pretty good. Mother's Day we had a nice brunch and the boys were great.  I so just love having them together and the time I can spend with them is priceless.  I sometimes miss when Ryan was little. But as a grown man his has come into his own. He makes Ernie and I so proud. He is talking about going back to school to get his Masters. What a great idea. We are so happy to be able to support him.
     Many of you may know that I was in a hit and run early in the month. So I didn't feel any pain until about two weeks after in my lower back. It is healing but slowly. If I could just not sit for a long time it would heal much faster. However I do have a sit down job so it is taking time.  Ernie and I went on a road trip to Salt Lake City Utah and I was able to help in the drive for a very short time. Some days are better then others.
     We are so lucky to be able to stay with the Hunt Family in Lehi. Ryan Hunt and his wife Brandi just added a new baby to their house (Rexton). He is so cute. Ernie and I are thankful for all they do for us whenever we come to town.
    We went to Taylorsville to See our return Missionary Jill and her family. We have been friends with them for over 23 years and its always a joy to spend time with them.  So Friday night hanging with Jill. Saturday I left Ernie to get some much needed rest since he had to do most of the driving.  And he needed time to play with Ryan Hunts daughter Morgan. Ernie is the best kid toy anywhere, they love him.
     So I picked up Frannie (Jill's Mom) and off we went for a  hair cut and a surprise. The surprise we saw our dear friends Larry and Dee Liddell at the Head Quarters Hair Salon. Heather Liddell cut our hair and we had a nice visit Frannie went for broke and must of had 6 or more inches cut off her hair.  She is some hot grandma now.
              Then back to pick up Ernie for the Ice Cream Social, and what do you know; our Little Al lives just up the street from Ryan Hunt so a surprise visit there and a tour of his garden. It looks good.
Had a fun time with the whole Cannaday Clan at the Ice Cream Social. All the grand kids running around playing so happy to see each other. Its nice that all the cousins are close.  We also stopped in to see Leveni Kaufusi. Her family means allot to us so every time we are close we stop in for a visit, it doesn't matter that she doesn't know who we are any more. Its just important to be  there.
  Sunday arrived and off to church we picked up a new friend Mariama Kallon. What a wonderful addition to our friend group. Had a nice spiritual meeting and the talks were great. Jill reported on her mission and the time just flew by. After the meeting we all joined up at Frannies to enjoy some good cooking and chatting. The laughing and the chatting of stories is always the best.  It's hard for Ernie to leave that Jill, she holds a special place in his heart and I think the next time we see her will be at her wedding.
    Monday morning we joined the Nutz girls for a little breakfast and the laughs just kept on coming. Kim and Charley are doing well. Then a great lunch at Ryan's house and back on the road to St George.
   Ernie and I made it to Betty's house (Leavini's Daughter) before she did. Had some of the best frozen custard anywhere Nielsen's Yummy. Last chance to eat at the Cracker Barrel..
     It was so fun and restful to be able to chill out with Betty before we drove the rest of the way to San Diego.  We stopped in Vegas for the best pancakes ever at the Blue Berry Hill Family restaurant. My Dad said "these pancakes are so light they float". So we stop in ever time we drive through. Made it home safe and are so thankful.
   I wonder what will June bring? Stay tune and next month we will know.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck Bunch Homestead

Mountian Fun