What happened to December

Wow where did time go?  It seems that I just updated this blog and the month is gone.  December started out fine then Ernie caught a bad cold and in true marriage fashion shared it with me.  I was able to spend a few days with Kress and help her with some Dr stuff. It's always a blessing to help a friend.  I tried to catch Kim but I missed her so I will try again.
Thank you to Dante and eLBe for hosting me one night.
     We were both sick for the first half of the month.  Our almost Christmas Eve party went off pretty good. I think that starting in the afternoon is so much better. There was lots to eat and good fun to be had. 
    We had a quiet Christmas and a nice family dinner. It was just great to spend that time with Ryan.
           Ernie decided that he needed to change in his job, he had interviewed for a different company and after lots of prayer felt that he was blessed with just the change he needed.
   So he took off 10 days of work and relaxed. Okay so I am a little bitter.
 Ernie has started a new job and so far loves it.
      He did do allot work in the garage and build some shelves. Now he parks my car in it. So grateful.  He also has worked in some shelves for our food storage. What a blessing.  I love that, I am excited to see that job well on the road to amazing. 
      Our next big thing is the garden.  Ernie is getting the yard ready for another year of gardening. We have drawn out a plan.
   He is going to replant some things that worked well last year, we had such wonderful crop of onions. That we are going to grow those again this year.
    I had onions for months. We are going to add berries and grapes. He has a new fruit tree. And man oh man the tangerines are so sweet and yummy, We are juicing them to freeze for the summer to add to the lemons for a refreshing drink.  There are tomato plants already.   We have to start the watermelons earlier they were good but we believe they could be better. I see almost half the yard as garden this year.  Ernie has a wonderful green thumb and it really helps the budget to grow it yourself.
   So the year has passed and we are missing many loved ones and are thankful for the time we had to share with our families. 
      This year we would like to expand the patio since we find that from about April to November we seem to eat breakfast and lunch and dinner outside.
    I guess that is why they say Lemon Grove has the best climate on earth. I could do that when we lived on the hill, it got too cold with the ocean breeze.
      I think he is even working on a way to watch TV on the patio. We may never be inside until winter. This year with winter having many 80 degree days we could be outside more often then not.
      Next month is the birthday month so we will see what it brings.. Keep on reading to find out what we are doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck Bunch Homestead

Mountian Fun

The Beck's Bed and Breakfast, We are open.