Wow I have not kept up at all.

Hello,
   I was really going to try and be better at keeping up the blog.  And here it is Sept. So that didn't seem to work out so well.
 Let me go back to Feb.
    Ernie and I took the bucket list trip and went on a cruise to Jamaica. The trip was so fun we met some wonderful people at dinner. Karen and Sam, Teresa and Doug, Rebecca and Max.  What a great group for dinner. Every evening was fun and new exciting to find out what everyone did every day. We celebrated our 30th anniversary on this trip.   We flew in to Florida and stayed at a Rodeway Inn in Ft Lauderdale. (never again at this motel) It was not great service at all.
  We left the next morning on our trip and enjoyed Key West FL. We found a great tea and spice shop. A wonderful chili and hot sauce place.  Toured a museum. And then back to the Ship. The next day we walked around Grand Cayman Island. Did a little shopping and back to the ship. Ernie really enjoys the walking, me not so much.
     Then on to the main event, Jamaica, we got off the ship and went on our tour, we claimed the Famous Dunn River Falls. I did really good and only found one drop off at the end and now have a few marks on my knees which I am calling the Jamaican tattoo.  Then up to the top of Mystic Mountain and    down on the Bobsled ride. and then we enjoyed a small lunch with Doug and Teresa. And played in the pool and on the slide.  What a fun afternoon and then back to the ship. Ernie got to try some fresh out the shack jerk Chicken, he was so happy. I did about 20 minutes of shopping. I learned if you go to Jamaica the trick is to bring some money, they want to charge you 20.00 for everything.
     What a wonderful trip and I know that we will have to go back.  Then all our birthdays in Feb  we celebrated.  I came home to find a new Manager at work. So I was twice blessed. 
 March was nothing real new I got a anew calling and that is keeping me busy.
April  was time out for women and we went to Long Beach. What a fun trip and of course the speakers were great and the feeling we had as a group was amazing. Next year I wonder will it will be.
   In May I flew in to Salt Lake to surprise Fran at her graduation. And she was shocked and pleased.  We had a wonderful two days.  I am so thankful for all her kids did to make it possible.
She really has some good kids. My kids did the best and surprised me on Mother's Day we had a wonderful brunch and visit  with them.
   June in San Diego was hot hot, hot, it felt like AZ.  Then July we did a quick remodel to the bathroom and changed out the vanity and cabinet. So much better the house is starting to get better.
We did get a small garden this year, however with the heat and the drought not much came of it. Ernie's  fruit trees are really growing and the Plums  were so yummy.
  I am looking forward to the next years crop.  I am sure that next year will plant sooner and do a lot better. Ernie smashed his finger at work in June and had surgery, he was told that he wouldn't be back to work for three months.
   Those of you that know him, know that he wasn't happy about that at all. So we went to his therapy sessions and worked really hard and returned to work after 5 weeks.  I joke and say that really he didn't want to work  for me.
     Aug nothing exciting happening,  so here we are in Sept and Ernie and I are taking care of Sid. He is now 98 years old.  He can't stay home alone due to the fact that he likes to be so busy and gets  in trouble. He tries to do to much.  He is such a wonderful man and we love him so much.
    I am feeling better that I am now up to date. Now let's see if I can stay that way.

  
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck Bunch Homestead

Mountian Fun

The Beck's Bed and Breakfast, We are open.