Just to be updated

Hello,

I know that I haven't posted in a while. I was hoping to have pictures before I posted.

So here we go. Dec 2008

As you can guess with the Holidays it's busy. We had our annual Christmas Dinner. Every year I am amazed that we fit so many people in our living room and this year we had about 23-25.

We had a wonderful dinner and I want to thank the boys remembering to bring the food and drinks I requested. And thank you to Debbie for bringing rice. They were a big help.

I might do that every year since it worked out so well. I took pictures with everyone as they came it. Pictures to follow.

On Christmas morning after opening gifts with the boys, Ernie and I took off to Tucson.

Our plan was to help my Dad do some handy man work around the house. So Ernie got busy and Ma and I got out of the way.

We went to the Quilters Market. and then to see Cokey and to the movies. We did bring the men lunch. And then met them at dinner. My big Fat Greek Resturant. We had a wonderful time with Cokey's Family. We got to meet Kathy's man Joseph. (she looks so happy and peaceful with him).

Then after a day at work at Dad's we left and went to Phoenix to visit with Carol Ann and Bookem. We had a wonderful dinner and a good visit. Carol put us up in the suite. A big thank you to her and her dog Fancy pants.
Enjoying the sights we drove to Flagstaff by way of Sodona. Can we talk snow. There was snow. It was so pretty and Ernie was able to go back in time and enjoy driving in the snow. just like when he was a boy. Along long time ago. Ernie and I then visited with our Niece Melissa and Great Niece Alicia and Josh. I am so thankful for the time I get to see them and get to know them better. We went back the next morning to see Adena and Alicia discovered what a wonderful toy Uncle Ernie is. She was so mad and sad when we left she went into her room to pout.
Then we drove around the back way to enjoy the sights on the way to St George Utah. Of course this gave us time to go to Neilsens Frozen Custard. I would drive 7 hours for that anytime. Yum. We also had a wonderful lunch with John and Barbara Barnum. We love them.
Since we were on vacation we took a tour of Brigham Young's winter home. And learned that the Saints grew allot of cotton in Dixie and there are pecan trees every where and you can pick up enough to make a pie if you were willing work a little.
Ernie and I enjoy the church history stuff, We left St George and drove to Anaheim CA. Took in an afternoon at Disneyland. I have to tell you it was about 34-54 in AZ and were were not cold until CA. I know it sounds strange, but the fog rolled in and it was so wet that we were chilled to the bone. Arrived back in San Diego on Friday the 2nd. After driving over 3000 Miles. Ernie was a happy man to be back in his own bed. life was back to normal the next day in the rain we took down the Christmas tree with the help of Mileaka Grace. And then back to work. I am so happy and thankful that I work for a company that gives so much time off. There was some sad news My sweet Uncle Jim passed away, His heart was broken when his wonderful wife passed away last Sept. I am sure the reunion was sweet when they were back together again. We will miss him. As our journey continues in Feb. As many of you know that is Birthday month 5 Ryan, 8 Ernie, 9 Dad 18th our 25th anniversary, 20 Dante and 24 Me. More fun to come.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck Bunch Homestead

Mountian Fun