What a year? So happy it is done

I can hardly believe that another year has passed and I have been so bad at posting. The end of 2015 just zipped right on past.
  Then came 2016 and boy what a year.  Ernie and I started the year feeling good about where our life was. And you know that is when it all goes crazy.  February  and Ernie lost his job. It has been the  worst and the hardest time ever to find a new job.  I went to TOFW in March and came back to work to be laid off after 13 years. Shocked is all I can say.
    Ernie and I had a vacation planned so off we went to Jamaica with our cruising buddies Sam and Karen Cook. It was a wonderful trip and time to regroup and think about what we needed to do. 
  We also met a cousin that we didn't know and they stayed with us. They also had joined the LDS Church.  So that was fun to find out.  We took off and spend some time in the Temple.  Where we found peace that the Lord was with us and that all would work out for our good.
   After our trip we both became real sick. We got word that my sister Karen was in the hospital  and not doing so good. I spoke to her a few times and really couldn't go see her since I was not 100% yet myself.
    Karen passed away on May 19th 2016. It was a rough day for all of us.  I am happy that Dad and Ma were able to be with her.  I started working back at Coldwell Banker as a temp  in the Carmel Valley office.
   I have to say that it is a nice office to be in.  The agents work well as a team and are happy to work together. It's not who can out do who, it's more like who can help who.  The summer is gearing up and Ernie is working at the Del Mar Fair Grounds. He is enjoying that a lot. That is a wonderful blessing since he was not in the best of spirits.
    The summer is winding down and Ernie is working for a temp company and I am now hired back at Coldwell Banker. Now working in Rancho Bernardo.  Which is about 34 miles from home. I was able to learn new skills at this office, however it has been a challenge for sure.   Then September  my Dad went in the hospital for a minor surgery and that turned out to be so much more.  We traveled to New Mexico to be with him and Ma. As we left  we felt that he was on the mend. He was not happy about the food and not getting enough rest and working on the breathing treatments.  With all that going on he took a turn for the worst and passed away on September 7, 2016. He is missed more than words can say. We went back to New Mexico and met up with the rest of the family and had a celebration of his life. Danny and Rodney made his famous Chile Verde. So it was as if he was with us one last time. I was so thankful for all the family that showed up for him with in hours of his passing. It showed how loved he is and will always be.  How I miss him and Karen.
   How wonderful fall is in San Diego like no where else Hot!
   Our Friends Karen and Sam came to visit and Cruise out of Long Beach with us. So off we went to cruise the Mexican Riviera, What a fun trip. Now were are getting ready for the holidays.
   Ryan wants to have Thanksgiving we his family at our home so that is what we are going to do. Ernie has a new BBQ and cooked that turkey to perfection. Yum.
   Getting ready for Christmas and getting the house together, This is the time of year we just love O' the baking.  The almost Christmas party was a big hit and we enjoyed our time with everyone.  During this time I went to another company Ascent and I am trilled with the change. Ernie was released from the Primary and I was released from Young Women's. We have been called to be Nursery Leaders. So you see the days still go on and our lives are still growing and the gospel is still true. Our love for each other is still one huge blessing.
   So the new year begins, And here in February  Ryan turned 37 and is busy with his life. Ernie turns 59 and I soon will be 57.  Life has it's trails but we all have faith that we can handle come what may....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck Bunch Homestead

Mountian Fun

The Beck's Bed and Breakfast, We are open.